Saturday, September 18, 2010

MR. THURSDAY NIGHT SATURDAY CARD


Boys, the day is upon us. After 4 years of waiting, the mighty Hawkeyes of Iowa have landed in the Grand Canyon State to take on the University of Arizona. In the past few weeks, I have been very concerned about this game for Iowa. As the week wore on, all we have heard is about how the heat would be a factor, the time would throw them off, how this is a good AZ team.......well you know what? The last time Arizona played a BCS conference team they got bitch slapped by Nebraska 33-0. While I do not expect that type of score, I do fully endorse an Iowa money line selection. The Hawks will get it done tonight, LOCK IT DOWN......AND STICK THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT COACH K.

IOWA ML AT AZ

WASHINGTON ML VS NEBRASKA

NORTH CAROLINA -3 VS GEORGIA TECH

K-STATE -3.5 VS IOWA STATE

TEXAS -4 AT TEXAS TECH

3 comments:

  1. Good picks MTN. I like the first three, but I think i'm hopping on the Cyclones. Good luck and godspeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey buddy, I'm rootin for the Hawks just as hard as you are but things just don't set up well for them tonight. I'm not sure what you mean about "everyone" thinks the heat will affect the Hawks. That must be local media, not national. The talking heads outside of PHX are already declaring Iowa a winner from what I've read/seen/heard.

    For me, this is an Arizona play or nothing. The Hawks are a mediocre road team outside of last year, pretty much going .500. Sharp money is all over the Wildcats tonight. And an iteresting stat...Pac-10 teams are 25-6-1 L32 at home against Big Ten teams. I'll be rooting for the Hawks, but things aren't setting up in their favor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you punish yourself again for another rotten performance? No NFL yesterday? No Monday Night Football tonight? I was really hoping for some fades out of you.

    ReplyDelete